cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5 digit beep

kroeger242004
Level 1
Level 1

When dialing internationally we get a beep after the 5 digit is dialed. althought we can still get through but is confusing users.. Any Ideas? thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, for this pattern they should.  In order to use numbering plan your pattern needs to be of  a X.@ form, and if you do that route filters can be applied.  You do not need it for this pattern.

Go to route plan report and see if there are other patterns starting with the same digit(s), also search for anything starting with X, i.e. XXXX and other overlapping ranges, i.e. [2-9]XXX.

Chris

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Maybe mention system used, versiom, and hint of configuration ?

Otherwise you might as well ask a fortune teller.

Shawn,

When you say a beep are you referring to secondary dial tone?

Chris

Ya. v.8.5 thanks Chris

So that means you have overlapping patterns (i.e. route patterns, translation patterns, etc) without "provide outside dialtone" checked.  How is your international route pattern defied, is it X.011! where X is your offnet access code?  If so ensure there are first of all no DNs starting with that range and then review all other patterns and check the

"provide outside dialtone" check box on those.

HTH,

Chris

Ya X.011!  Should the drop down in the (route plan configuration) Numbering plan and Route filter be grayed out? I'm a little new at these translation patterns so bare with me. All the provide outside diatone boxes are checked.. I don't see any that overlaps the other.

Yes, for this pattern they should.  In order to use numbering plan your pattern needs to be of  a X.@ form, and if you do that route filters can be applied.  You do not need it for this pattern.

Go to route plan report and see if there are other patterns starting with the same digit(s), also search for anything starting with X, i.e. XXXX and other overlapping ranges, i.e. [2-9]XXX.

Chris

Ah ya I see Thanks man!