Views
Helpful
Replies

5 digit dialing

Capitalprophets
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to configure all the lines with the E.164 directory numbers and use 5 digit dialing for inter and intra-site calling within the same cluster. I have to create some TP and perform digit manipulation to make that happen. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Capitalprophets wrote:

So lets say I have created the translation for DID number such as 18182124011 and Called Party at the bottom will be XXXXX. What 5 digit number will the user dial?

24011, basically view X as a variable based on what your pattern is. 

For example if you did 18182124011 for your pattern and XX666 then your number would be 24666. 

This is obviously just a really simple example of dial plan manipulation or standardization but really Translation Patterns are as easy as it gets. 

If you want to test it the other way..Use DNA  (Dialed Number Analyzer) and dial your 5 dig number at which point you can see it translating backwards  

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You already mentioned exactly what you need to configure, translation patterns.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hi @Capitalprophets

TP is the solution....you're right!!!

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

THat is literally one of the easiest things you can do..

Pattern Match = E.164 number

Called Number (at the bottom of the TP) = XXXXX ( be that the last 5 of your pattern or something else) 

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

That is literally one of the easiest things you can do. 

Matching Pattern (top of TP screen) = E.164 number or E.164 pattern match

Called Number (bottom of TP screen) = XXXXX of number or pattern match

So lets say I have created the translation for DID number such as 18182124011 and Called Party at the bottom will be XXXXX. What 5 digit number will the user dial?

@Capitalprophets wrote:

24011, basically view X as a variable based on what your pattern is. 

For example if you did 18182124011 for your pattern and XX666 then your number would be 24666. 

This is obviously just a really simple example of dial plan manipulation or standardization but really Translation Patterns are as easy as it gets. 

If you want to test it the other way..Use DNA  (Dialed Number Analyzer) and dial your 5 dig number at which point you can see it translating backwards  

Thanks for the clarification.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: