Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

500 voice ports cisco unity connection HA

Hi all,

We are configuring a cisco unity connection Cluster with high availability and licenses for 500 voice ports.

The problem that we are facing is on the voice mail port wizard, i cannot add more than 250 ports.

I guess we have to create two new voice mail servers and add 250 ports to each one. Am i right?

what we have to do to integrate both voice mail server with the phone system on the unity connection side?

Any help is much appreciated

Kind regards

• IP Telephony
3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Correct, it is max 250 per each UCON server, so you need to build 2 groups.

To make it easier on yourself use SIP integration as there will be no need to build these on CUCM side. Only SIP trunk.

HTH,

Chris

VIP Super Bronze

+5 for Chris. Chris is spot on here..Its great when you do SIP integration. So I recommend that.

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"
Cisco Employee

For further reading:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/design/guide/8xcucdg060.html#wp1052981

"A Connection cluster server pair supports up to 20,000 users. In this configuration, both servers can support up to 250 voice messaging ports each for a cumulative total of 500 voice messaging ports when both servers are active. If only one server is active, the port capacity is lowered to a maximum of 250 ports."

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.