Views
Helpful
Replies

6.1(2) DMA modExportDatabase=Failure

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

Any thoughts on the DMA modExportDatabase=Failure error

[09:28:20 AM] Validating exported Cisco CallManager database and directory data.

[09:28:20 AM] This can take a long time, depending on the size of the database and directory. Be patient.

[09:28:20 AM] Estimated time to complete data validation is about 52 minutes.

[09:28:20 AM] Accessing database...

[10:23:34 AM] modExportDatabase=Failure

[10:23:34 AM] Failed to complete database processing successfully.

[10:23:34 AM] Failed to validate Cisco CallManager database and directory exported data.

[10:23:34 AM] The exported data cannot be used for upgrade.

[10:23:34 AM] Correct the database and/or directory data and run DMA again.

[10:23:34 AM] Verification of DB in IDS failed. Retaining the TAR file as it is.

[10:23:34 AM] Building archive C:\didata\110208\DMAEXport110208\DMAExportFailed11-15-08#9-16.tar.

[10:25:18 AM] Archive built successfully.

5 Replies 5

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Investigate the datavalidation.log logfile located in c:\CiscoWebs\DMA\bin\, this should help identify what the exact error is:-

c:\CiscoWebs\DMA\bin\datavalidation.log

However, I have come across this bug CSCsg5643 which has some of the similarities reported:-

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsg56433

Essentially the datavalidation.log indicates that if failed to locate c:\CiscoWebs\DMA\bin\datavalidation.log modeExportDatabase=Failure

Is this evident in your log? The issue was caused by CSA blocking the export, and the workaround was to use the correct version.

Was CSA running when you ran the DMA? If you are, is it the latest?

Hope this helps.

Allan

Pls rate helpful posts.

CSA was disabled and not running. DMA was latest direct from cisco.com, DataMigrationAssistant-6-1-2.exe

I had run upgrade assistant and DMA successfully two weeks ago, we just used that .tar file instead of troubleshooting. so I don't have the datavalidation.log file.

It will be difficult to determine what the exact error why the DMA upgrade failed without being able to investigate either the datavalidation.log or the exportdb.log when the backup was taken. Is it possible to run the DMA again?

The following is a document which outlines a number of reasons why the DMA upgrade can fail, and the appropriate steps to resolve them:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00807f3307.shtml#topic1

Hope this helps.

Allan.

Pls rate helpful posts.

We are having the very same problem and errors. We are not running CSA currently. However, There is no datavalidation.log file in \bin nor is there an exportdb.log file in \bin. However there is an errordb.log in progfiles\cisco\trace\DMA\DB it is no more helpful than any of the other logs but it does reference a path of C:\DMARoot that is either not being created on our system or is being removed after the failure. Ideas?

I faced similar issue recently when running DMA on CER 1.3 ( dma 7.1.5 ) and i was getting same w1 validation error,there was not any CSA running and everything was good but it confused for a whole day till i realise that i have HP SNMP service running, after disabling the service i ran DMA and it was sucessful..

DO not leave any SNMP agent/service ON while you run DMA...off course CSA should be disabled too.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: