Views
Helpful
Replies

6901 IP phone

abhasjain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have CUCM 7.1.3 in the network. I am trying to install new Cisco IP phone 6901, but not getting option for this model of phone in CUCM.

Please suggest if I need to install firmware or patch on CUCM.

It will be great if it can be known whether this model support Extension mobility or not ?

Regards,

Abhas Jain

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

According to the release notes it is supported first in 7.1.3.

I would download and install the latest Device Package as this would normally add support for new phones... it will also update existing phone firmware...

Generally no screen = no Extension Mobility; I don't see support for that feature on the release notes.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Yes, you need the latest Device Package (7.1(3.33031), which will require a reboot of UC servers. I applied this last week on our production after a weeks testing on our dev cluster, with no problems.

Cheers,

Alistair

Matthew Kaufman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Update to either the latest 7.1.3 device pack or to the latest 7.1.5 SU would include this device type.

Data sheet for this phone is below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps10326/data_sheet_c78-584412.html

Since this is an very basic entry-level IP Phone, it will not include many of the features available in 79XX, 89XX or 99XX series phones.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: