Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6921 IP phone firmware change

1) I have 6921 with the shipped firmware ver 9.3. I have the call manger 7.1.3 with the defaul load firmware of 8-5-3-0.However phone is not taking the default load 8-5-3-0.Appreciate your suggestion

10 Replies 10

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please remember that after you upgrade from an earlier firmware release to 9.1(1) and for subsequent firmware releases, you can upgrade or downgrade only to signed firmware releases. This is mentioned in the release notes for 6900 series IP phones.

HTH

Manish

Thanks for reply

Generally ip phone with higher firmware can take the lower default firmware version in Call manager?

Hi,

Yes, 'generally' it can, but this is a special case.

HTH

Manish

I would like to know why the ip phone with the higher firmware version(default shipped version) won't take lower version from call manager

Due to HW revision, if the phone requires a minimum load to work, it is clearly noted in the shipping box, and on a sticker on the phone itself. There's no way you can load an older FW when that happens.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the reply. What would be noted on shipping box. On the 6921 box I can see  Rev: J0. Is that the one you are talking about. Can you please give more info

What FW is the minimum version to use the phone, that should be on a sticker on the shipping box, and on the phone itself.

HTH

java

@Jaime Valencia  :

I am facing similar problem.

1. Our CUCM version is 7.1.3

2. Current running old 6921 IP Phones ( firmware version : 9.0.2.0 )

3. Newly shipped 6921 IP Phones registers , but not showing missed call in Call records  ( firmware ver. : 9.3.1.3)

From the Downloads i found that CUCM 7.1.3 Supports maximum up to 9.2(1)  .

How should i Proceed to get the new phones to show missed calls in call records  ?

I have no idea where you're getting you can only use FW 9.2(1)

6921/6941/6961 SCCP IP Phone Load Signed COP file - Compatible CUCM Versions: 7.1(5)+  
cmterm-69xx-SCCP-9-4-1-3SR1.cop.sg

6921/6941/6961 IP Phone SIP firmware - Compatible with CCM Versions: 7.1(5) and above  
cmterm-69xx-sip.9-4-1-3.cop.sgn

HTH

java

Jaime Valencia  :

But as i have mentioned , My CUCM version is 7.1.3  and not 7.1(5)+ .

Hence i think  up to FW 9.2(1) is possible.  I found it from the download section description. 9.2(1) is the highest version supported with 7.1.3

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282622815&flowid=46236&softwareid=282074289&release=9.4%281%29SR1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Kindly Give ur Suggesions.

@ Manish Gogna : Can you please share ur thoughts..regarding this ? what is the upgrade path for this .?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: