cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6921 SURL Button issue

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

I can successfully use extension mobility on a 6921 handset and able to login and logout using the settings button.

If I bind a SURL to the second button and attempt to use EM from there I get a 207 Device Name Empty

I can replicate the configuration on a 7941 handset with the SURL button and it works well.

10 Replies 10

pratik.rb
Level 3
Level 3

I have the same issue.

Any solution for this anyone?

Hi

What firmware are you running on the 7921?

There is a bug fixed in 1.0(2) (CSCsh35597) relating to this...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7921g/5_0_1/english/firmware/1_0_0/release/notes/rn7921_2_1030.pdf

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

Its a 6921 we are talking about not the 7921.

Oops

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Yes this is a 6921 phone with fw 8.5.3.0 running on Communications Manager 7.1.3.10000-11

Thats fine Aaron...Thanks for posting anyways..

Heath, I am running the same firmware version with CUCM 7.1.3. I am gonna try upgrade to 9.0.2. If you have already tested with it let me know how it went!

I have not upgraded FW as of yet.. Please let me know how you go.

Thanks

nandocesar
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem with firmware 8.5.3.

Now i´m using version 9.0.2 and this problem were solved.

Thats good news thanks.

I havea uploaded the firmware but when resetting the phones they don't actually take the upgrade. I have had an issue with the 7965s where I had to hold the # key at power up and press all the keys on the keypad to do a reset..

I don't want to do that on 1000 handsets.

sujimansuadi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

May i know how u successfully configure 6921 with EM? cause i'm having trouble with this model to subscribe with services.

everytime i go into Services option, it prompt "Error! services unavailable". I've checked the URL for directory it look like this:

https://:8080/ccmcip/getservicesmenu.jsp

there's no problem for any other model deployed here such as 7911, 7940, 7960, 7961 & 7975.

Appreciate any kind of help. Thanks.

regards,

ss