Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

6945 - Connecting Plantronics CS60 wireless headset

Newbie question so any assistance would be appreciated.

I am looking to find anyone who has successful connected a Plantronics CS60 wireless headset to a 6945 using an EHS cable.

From what I can see , this is not possible (the existing range of EHS cables are not compatible with 6945) and the only way do have this functionality is to use a lifter.

I know that some of these cables sometimes work on different phone models - It's just that they are not officially "Certified" so are not advertised as compliant.

Has anyone successfully tried this? Or am I wasting my time with this?

I have tried the APC- cable without any luck

Again thanks in advance for any assistance

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Stephen,

The release of firmware version 9.3.3 does add support for the EHS

function on 6945's;

Electronic Hookswitch

The Electronic Hookswitch feature enables users to remotely  control basic IP phone functionality from a wireless analog headset  connected to the phone auxiliary port. Basic IP phone functionality  includes off-hook/on-hook, ring indication, audio volume control, and  mute/unmute.

The administrator enables or disables the Electronic Hookswitch feature.

The user connects a base station to the auxiliary port. The base station communicates with the wireless headset.

The Electronic Hookswitch feature supports the following headsets:

• Jabra
    • PRO9400 and GO6400 series and Straight cable (Jabra Link14201-22)
    • PRO920, GN9300 series and GN9120 the adapter cable Link 14201-16

This feature is supported on the following phones (SCCP and SIP):

• Cisco Unified IP Phone 6945

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/6900_series/firmware/933/release_notes/P069_BK_R9A78776_00_rn-9_3_3-6900-series_chapter_00.html#IP95_TP_E7F8E2EE_00

But as you can see it is only Jabra Headsets that have been tested so far. If you are @

9.3.3 and can enable EHS, I might try the APC-41 or just be patient and I'm sure that

Plantronics will add support in the near future

Cheers!

Rob

"A smile relieves a heart that grieves" 

- Stones

Community Member

Thanks for the quick reply Rob -

Yes we are at 9.3.3 and No we couldnt get it to work wth the APC-41

Im just wondering because the CS60 has been around a while (and support for the 6945 is notably absent from the Plantronics line up) if they will actualy put out an EHS cable that supports it.

Its strange - It is supported on say the 9951 - and I cant imagine the EHS function is so very different between these models.

Might be worth me contacting Plantronics to see what they have to say -

Thanks again

Stephen

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content