Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

6945 delay to answer

When answering a 6945 and possibly other 6900 model phones, there is a delay before the audio path is set up. The first few seconds of speech are cut off. Has anyone else seen this issue? I did see a bug on the 6900 phones, but it says it was fixed in 8.5(4) and 9.0(2). It also showed first found in 8.5(4) so I don't know how you fix it in the same version you found it in unless maybe with a cop file. Anyway, I am running CUCM version 8.6(1a). I don't se 8.6x listed in the fixed in version so I don't know if it is suppose to be fixed or not in 8.6. I would have assumed it was since it is higher than 8.5(4), but I am having a similiar issue as described in this bug. The bug ID is CSCtc96381.

NOTE: I had a 7962 phone plugged into the same network cable and it does not have the delay to audio that the 6945 does. I will be opening a TAC case on this, but wanted to see if anyone else had seen this issue.

Thanks,

Mark

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY
Bronze

6945 delay to answer

I have a TAC case open on this. There is a maintenance release that fixed the IP to IP phone delay, but I still have the issue when the call comes in through an H323 gateway. Calls through this same gateway to an 7962 IP phone work fine. The maintenance release is SCCP6945.9-2-1-1-ES. I had to get it from the TAC engineer. I was told the permanent fix will be in release 9.2.2. It wasn't confirmed if this will fix the issue through an H323 gateway. It may just be that the same fix in

SCCP6945.9-2-1-1-ES will be applied to the public released 9.2.2 version. If so, I would assume to have the same issue. I'll have to wait to see.

Mark

Views
Helpful
Replies