cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7 and 10 digit dialing UC 500

glenn.iltis
Level 1
Level 1

Locally, we have 7 digit dialing in the 214 area code. There are also surrounding areas in an 830 area code that have an option to have a “metro" line that allows 10 digit dialing without tolls. I need to be able to dial 7 digits locally, 10 digits to the 830 area code and 1 + dialing to the 830 area code. Can someone send me commands to accomplish this?

25 Replies 25

Glad we can help....dont forget to rate posts that you found helpful.

glenn.iltis
Level 1
Level 1

I am on site now, I am doing something wrong. I set up the trunk-group fxo, if I do a sh trunk-group fxo all of the ports display. So, I added:

dial-peer voice 100

destination-pattern 9[2-9]......

incoming called-number.

trunk-group fxo

forward-digits 7

cntl-c

dial-peer voice 200

destination-pattern 91830.......

incoming called-number.

trunk-group fxo

forward-digits 11

cntl-c

dial-peer voice 300

destination-patern 9830.......

incoming called number.

trunk-group fxo

forward-digits 10

Nothing has changed. I still cannot make 10 digit calls to the 830 area code.

Any help would be appreciated.

I assume the command spelling errors are not in the config ?

What do you get when calling 9830xxxxxxx ?

Yes, the spelling errors were in my communication to you, not on the cofig.

As I press 98305551212 the phone starts to dial at 98305551

Right. Configure:

dial-peer voice 100

preference 2

dial-peer voice 300

no huntstop

Now if you could finally tell us which exchanges are to be called 7 or 10 digits, a configuration can made so that users can use either all the time :)

The exchange is 830. It does not need to dial 7 digits though. It needs to be able to dial 10 digits if it is a "metro" line or 11 (1+) if it is not.

Hi, 830 is actually the area code.

The following three digits are called the exchange ID, but do not necessarily map to a single exchange. Knowing them will discriminate a "metro" line or not.

In other words, an exchange-based configuration would let you call either 9 + 10 or 91 + 10 to al area code 830. I medioned 7 digits by mistake before.

Got it. I thought I had explained what I was needing incorrectly.

Is the exchange id the same as the prefix? (830-XXX-xxxx) This area code surounds San Antonio and would have dozens of them.

You explained perfectly from the first post, it was me having an hard time explaining myself, anyway telco do these things, as I understand that if you call with 1 an exchance that can be called without, you're billed more just because the confusion they made ?

The XXX in your example above is also properly called "exchange prefix" or NXX. With the proper configuration is possible to collapse many under a same DP. You have to look at the list of the "metro" exchanges, I must believe is officially published somewhere.

This is a list of the most popular ones. It will take me a while to come up with all of them. 303, 985, 816. 426, 510, 379, 372, 537, 401, 665

Thanks.

With these you can only optimize as

37[29]

All the others will need a separate DP. You can also check the exchanges that are not "metro", if easier to patterning.

Do calls work now with the preference config ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: