cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7821/7841 mounting alternatives

JASON BERNARDO
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know of a good way to mount a 7821 or 7841 phone to either a single-gang electrical box, or standard telephone mounting plate (with keyhole posts)?

The issue here is that the 78XX phones do not have the built-in keyhole mounting notches that the 79XX series had, and the wall-mount kit (CP-7800-WMK=) is suited only for mounting to drywall or other flat surface.  I have a situation where a number of phones need to be mounted to I-beams where only a single-gang electrical box is installed.

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2

david.brzeczek
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to know if you found a solution? I have the problem too. It's hard to believe there is only one option for mounting this phone, yet search high and low and you will find no alternatives. Also, if you do happen to mount one of these phones near a heavy slamming door, the handset will fall off...and yes that is after flipping the "hook" around.

rikardkrvaric
Spotlight
Spotlight

I know this has been many years since...But I wanted to add a possible solution for people that are now looking for wall mounts for the 78xx series (and 88xx perhaps).

This company offers wall mounts that mount to a single-gang box.

https://8800phonebracket.com/7800-series

We discovered them because we needed to mount the phones to concrete walls... and this is the best solution for that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: