Views
Helpful
Replies

7821 SRST Mode - configured system message will be ignored

at
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

in the moment we test our new Basic IP Phones from Cisco - 7821. We have a CUCM 8.5.1 Cluster and on the branch we work with a Voice Gateway 2821 (SW 15.1.4M8). In SRST-Mode we have no problems with the 7821 Phones except the system message on the phone screen. We configured on the SRST-Router in the branch under voice register global the command system message "NOTBETRIEB" (that means "EMERGENCY MODE"). In SRST-Mode we see on the screen of the phone instead of "NOTBETRIEB" in the bottom line "Dienst unterbrochen" ("SERVICE INTERRUPTION") on the top of the line (attached print screen). That is very strange. We work with the latest Phone Software  10.2.1.12.

Question: It seems the 7821 Phones ignored the configured system message (under voice register global) - Does anybody know whether this is a bug or not. We could not find informations about the screen display in SRST mode.

thanks

Alex

5 Replies 5

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Correct they do ignore the configured message, they use the default service interruption. Make sure you inform your users.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

hi

thanks - the question is also: is this a bug or not (normal behavior)? any docs where we can find any Infos?

regards

alex

Hi Alex,

As Dennis Mink mentioned that it ignores what you configured, unfortunatelly. I had same problem but we did not focus on it and also could not find that it may be a bug. But in my opinion it is because I have many new problems with 7821 phones.

Ekin.

Hi Ekin,

thanks for the replay - so i would inform customer side that this type of phone does ignore system message in srst. the customer works in the moment with about 15 Branches (and installed 79xx,69xx,89xx Phones).. The next Branch will get 78xx Phones - so we would update the enduser..

Regard

Alex

Yes, if this "bug" changes or fixed I will update you.

Good day.