Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

7835-I3 running CallManager 8.03a with MOH-USB-AUDIO doesn't boot

I did a utils system shutdown on a 7835-I3 , and restarted CallManager 8.0(3a) with a MOH-USB-AUDIO device on it.

At start up the server hung and did not boot past the bios, we had to remove the MOH-USB-AUDIO for the server to boot. Server has been running a couple weeks, just wanted to add the MOH-USB-AUDIO device.

Known issue?

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: 7835-I3 running CallManager 8.03a with MOH-USB-AUDIO doesn't

Hi,

This can be related to bug:

CSCsi72159    Fixed MOH (USB) not accessible

Symptom:
The fixed audio source MOH is not providing audio when kept on hold with CCM 5.1.1.3000-5. On the USB-MOH sound adaptor the red light is not blinking when pressed "Record".

Conditions:
Normal Operation.

Workaround:
Change the permissions for device  /dev/dsp, through root access, from root access to chmod 666 and restart the IPVMS service. This is a temporary workaround and the permissions may reset to something other than 666.

Further Problem Description:

In the output of DriverMonitor (for the Conf ID = 51) the Tx  packetcount was zero. The configuration seemed all fine. When checked the permissions for /dev/dsp were set for the root access  only. This problem reoccured after server reboot, changing the MOH settings and restarting the TFTP service.

CCM_MEDIA_STREAMING_APP-IPVMS-3-kFixedInputInitSoundCardFailed: Fixed stream sound card interface initialization failure. Audio Source ID:51 System error code:13 Error text:SoundCardSrc::Open(/dev/dsp) Error 13 - Permission denied Device name:/dev/dsp App ID:Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App

Also SEE:  CSCsj12759 and CSCsj92150
In testing it was found that some servers encountered a slightly different type of errors.

You will need to contact TAC for root access.

HTH,

Regards,

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Re: 7835-I3 running CallManager 8.03a with MOH-USB-AUDIO doesn't

TAC had me swap the USB keyboard and the MOH-USB-AUDIO ports and server booted fine. Not sure why I called them…..guess I was expecting a BIOS fix or a debug…

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content