Helpful
Replies

7906G and 7960G UCM Support

t070335
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a customer running UCM v4.1(3)Sr4d

He has acquired some new 7906G and 7960G phones and needs support for these devices in CallManager.

However, Cisco's website documentation is rather confusing, as the devices appear to be supported in some parts of the document and not in others.

Could somebody tell me which devpack -or even UCM SR - I need?

Your help would be appreciated.

Denis

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

for 7906G:

Supported CallManager Versions

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7906g_7911g/firmware/7_2_3/english/release/notes/11R723sc.html#wp1031083

The 7960s are supported on that version you don't have to worry about that model

You can go ahead and apply the latest DevPack to get support for even newer models

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thank you for your input. I have provided the customer with the latest devpack.

I will also take the oportunity to ask you another question regarding another update: I have another customer running CCM v4.1(3)es117. They have purchased a new 7937 conference phone and they need support for it. Is there any way to add support for just this device without installing a devpack?

Regards,

Denis

no, the DevPack contains the code and the entries that are added into the CUCM DB in order to provide support for the new models

Even if you don't want some ES and SRs update the DevPack without you noticing.

javalenc

HTH

java

Hi

Thanks again for your prompt reply. Considering the SR the customer is running, would it be possible to install the latest devpack? Or would it be more desirable to go to a later SR for CallManager?

Regards,

Denis

You can always install the latest DevPack disregarding the level you're at.

You can go thru the release notes from the ES or from the SR and it should tell you the DevPack that is going to be installed, in some cases like an ES there would not be a DevPack upgrade but usually the SRs contains DevPack updates but also usually not the latest one available.

Our recommendation is to always apply the latest SR in the systems but on my personal opinion if the system is working fine and there is no real need you can leave it that way. In some cases the patches are needed to support new features or to fix bugs but if a system works fine i usually do not patch it.

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: