Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7906G IP Phone factory reset problem

Hi,

I factory resetted a 7906G Cisco IP Phone, but its showing as upgrading on the display.

The CUCME is in a remote location and now am not able to manually assign any configuration on the phone as i am not able to access the Settings Page.

If some one have any idea on how to resolve this, please inform.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 7906G IP Phone factory reset problem

Hi, I faced the same issue some days back and get rid of it by changing the switch-port.

The best practice for remote site phones is

1. create a seperate DHCP pool on remote router/switch

2. create the DHCP pool at original CME router and broadcast it on remote site with 'ip helper-address' command.

Configuring the phones manually is the last option when you can't accomodate any of those, DHCP can help you by not having such strange issues!

HTH.

2 REPLIES

Hi, I faced the same issue some days back and get rid of it by changing the switch-port.

The best practice for remote site phones is

1. create a seperate DHCP pool on remote router/switch

2. create the DHCP pool at original CME router and broadcast it on remote site with 'ip helper-address' command.

Configuring the phones manually is the last option when you can't accomodate any of those, DHCP can help you by not having such strange issues!

HTH.

Thanks for the reply.... it ws really informative...

but still the helper address thingy is not a permanent solution.... but thr s no problm with the 7960 series ... we can access the setting once the factory reset is done... hope cisco comes out with solution for ths model also....

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content