!

voice-port 0/1/0

description FXS

!

dial-peer voice 401 pots

destination-pattern 7677

port 0/1/0

!

I want to monitor the number 7677 on the addon 7914. Is this possbile?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Actually you have to configure all things as per "FXS SCCP feature mode" document. I suggest you use a looback interface as "endpoint address" for this.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Hope this helps, please rate pots if it does!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ken,

yes there is a method, configure the FXS port as an ephone:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6706/products_feature_guide09186a00806cab75.html

you will have all the ephone feature on the analog phone, and the ability of monitoring it. This is oly supported on ISR's however.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thank you! I take it I would have to configure like...

!

voice-port 0/1/0

description FXS

!

dial-peer voice 401 pots

destination-pattern 7677

port 0/1/0

!

ephone-dn 5

number 7677

label 7677

description Analog Polycom

name Boardroom

ephone 1

mac-address 0000.0000.0001

username "reception" password 123456

type 7961 addon 1 7914

button 7m5

Hi,

Actually you have to configure all things as per "FXS SCCP feature mode" document. I suggest you use a looback interface as "endpoint address" for this.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Hope this helps, please rate pots if it does!

Hi Paolo,

Sorry I don't get it. The only thing it says is enabled the "stcapp call-control mode feature"

Can you kindly provide some config example? Thank you!

Rightly, you couldn't see the config examples from that document that is about the optional "feature mode" only.

Please refer to:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6441/products_feature_guide09186a0080483a76.html

for the "basic" config of sccp mode for fxs ports. I should have provided that link before, sorry for the confusion.

Thank you Paolo! I'll give it a go tomorrow as I am off today, and update "Resolved my issue" as needed.

Hi Paolo,

All is well! Thank you for all you help!!!

To add to this... I had to do a "sh ephone anl" to get the mac address. I let the CCME auto assign the MAC. There was no way I was going to tried to do the conversion.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: