Views
Helpful
Replies

7920 wireless ip phone getting duplicate ip address

csco11063007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have 7920 wireless ip phones.These phones showing error "duplicate ip address" and again configuring ,registering with ccm,and able to call that time .

after sometime again same error and continuing like this within 3 or 4 minutes throught the day .

any experts in this field can show me some light on this issue because i am new to wireless and this organisation

thanking you

thomas

8 Replies 8

csco11063007
Level 1
Level 1

Sometime during the call active also ,this phone goes to configuring mode...call get disconnected..

We are using DHCP for ip addressing to wireless ip phones.I tried with ip add reservation from dhcp also.

another valid information i forgot to say that when i am switch on the ip phone it authenticate by AP then configuring ip .

After that i am getting a message "provisioning failed"..then it goes to configuring ccm list...

i am waiting for you valuable solution ..

urgent please ..

alessandro.dona
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

which version of CCM are you using?

Try to check if during the problem the 7920 registers (or try to ) with the Vgateway?

ccm version 4.1(3)SR3a

is it a problem with overlapping access point coverage area ?

Basically not, (i have a WLAN with some overlapped area), but somewhere i heard about a bug in wichh cisco stated that 7920 could get disconnected during roaming( from sympthom you said i don't think it is your case)

how i would get resolve this issue

To be frank I don't know!

I can tell you in which way i would approach the issue

1)Looking for bug that can match your problem

2)search in the tac case collection(probably someone else could have experienced the same problem)

3)contact teh TAC staff

P.S let me know if you fix the issue maybe one day i coulod come in this problem

regards