Views
Helpful
Replies

7921 Wireless Phone Transfer

hadisharifi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have two customers using Cisco 7921 Wireless phone with CUCM 7, when trying to transfer a call by looking at a number in the corporate directory the call doesn't get transferred.

Example, external caller calls extension 1000 on Cisco 7921 wireless phone and you hit the transfer button to transfer the caller to extension 2000. You look the number in the corporate directory once you find the number you press dial which dials the number and gets connected, however as soon as you hit the transfer button the call is put on hold instead of getting transferred, and now both calls are on hold. It only happens with 7921 wireless phones not with wired phones.

Thanks for your help.

2 Replies 2

r.barber
Level 1
Level 1

I'm suffering with the same problem. What I can add is that you can conference both parties in and then leave the conference.  To add to the issues I found that when I try to blind transfer I get the callback option instead of the transfer option.  I also found that if I dialed the same number without using the Corp directory I can transfer no problem.

Is this a bug?

Are you seeing this on recent firmware and recent IOS?  What firmware and IOS version are each of you running?  I can investigate this in my lab, perhaps.

Does the issue also occur on non-wireless phones?