Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

7925 Phones voice quality issues with wlc 5508 version 7.6

Hi all,

I have a mix environment with 1 WLC 5508  and more or less 6 sites with several Access Points ( all AIR-LAP1242AG and all in FlexConnect mode  Hreap ) and several wireless phones (all  CP7925G) . My Ap's have antennas 2.4GHz in all sites except 1 site ( the one i'm talking for now) with 2.4GHz and 5GHz , because of the problems we suggest to have all phone in A BAND (5Ghz) . In this site we force the phones just to A (802.11a only) , power safe NONE , Continuous scan mode , i fallow all in http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7925g/7_0/english/deployment/guide/7925dply.pdf , one thing i didn’t do it was apply QoS because I can’t apply several ios commands in that 2960 with lan lite ios.

So I have 3 SSID for data and 2 for VOICE  ( one is common to all environment and supports 2.4 and 5Ghz , and other just to test one site , with only 5Ghz  with “[WPA2][Auth(802.1X + CCKM)][Auth(FT 802.1X)]”, because I read that problem can be phone rooming , and in FlexConnect only have fast-roaming in a CCKM or a PKM  key-management solution , but even like this the problem still exist) .

I have another sites with phones in 2.4GHz running well and others with problems.

i read here in forums lots and lots of people with similar problems , i tried several solutions ( WLC  upgrades versions  and phones firmware's , ….  ) tried all my best of solving the problems mas now I’m running without any ideas , i did also some site surveys and detect some interferers that why I change phones to 5Ghz , and I run also WLC Config analyser to help me , but all without good success. Some changes solve temporarily problems , but after some time , people reclaim about problems.

I can open a TAC case but first I want be sure if did all already.

Can someone try to help me?

ip phone 7925G firmware : CP7925G-1.4.5SR1.3      
CUCM 8.6.2
WLC    5508 : 7.6.120.0
AP : AIR-LAP1242AG-E-K9    7.6.120.0       (flexconnect)

Best Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content