Views
Helpful
Replies

7925G multicast problem

Mostafa Haroun
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have problem sending multicast audio(mp3) to cisco phone 7925G, audio packets are not received by the phone, I found the following in the phone logs

15:42:50:0500 HERMIT authpriv.err AUD: MT:***RTP- No RX audio frame to DSP

2013-09-22 15:43:45:0870 HERMIT user.err GUI: **** err bat:0

I tried upgrade and downgrade the firmware version of the phone, also I tried disable G722 codec to force G711 codec, also I disabled bluetooth, but nothing worked, also I tried to send the same multicast traffic over the same wireless AP using CIPC on two labtops (using wireless) and the audio worked fine, can any one help me with this problem

Best regards,

Mostafa Haroun

2 Replies 2

kishork_1987
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have faced similar issue related to multicast audio not working on the Cisco 7925g over wireless.

the reason in my case was due the settings in the Cisco wireless controller

802.11b/g Global parameters with Data Rates with minimum of 24Mbps as mandatory.

The conclusion is the 5.5 Mbps should be the minimum to be selected as mandatory because the Multicast packets when communicating over wireless operate at low Mbps.

Regards

hello kishork_1987

Can you tell me, which parameters you set in the WLC ? I have the same problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: