cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7931G - Night Service Button

JonGauntt
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to configure the Night-Service function to a button (20 preferred) on a 7931G phone? My Cisco team just scratched their chins at this one and aren't even sure if this is on the roadmap. Here is a good chance to show them up.

Running 4.2 on a 2811 w/AdvIPServices and an AIM-CUE.

Thanks,

Jon

5 Replies 5

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

Could you just use this...

To mark an ephone-dn for night-service treatment, use the night-service bell command in ephone-dn configuration mode. To remove the night-service treatment from the ephone-dn, use the no form of this command.

Then apply the ephone-dn to the ephone.

Found here....

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_n1ht.html#wp1057735

Not according to what I've looked up. The "night-service bell" option under the ephone-dn only enables notification for that extension when it is turned on. I am looking to trigger the command instead of just a notification, although having the lit portion after it is triggered makes it easy to identify when it is active.

I do have this on the manager phone in the location and that portion seems to work ok as a notification, but the ubiquitous *777 ought to be able to be added to a line, at least IMHO...

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, not really.

the closet thing you can do is configure an ephone-hunt with HLog softkey. Once the key is pressed, the phone logs out of the ephone-hunt, and calls will go to number designed as "final" in the ephone-hunt.

This can be a shared ephone-dn set on all the phones that you want to ring at night.

I have similar configs in various customer installations, and they are happy with that.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

A hunt group is a possiblity, but it really complicates the situation as during the day we have all phones ring until picked up. We have night service configured to automatically kick in at the 6's. To use a hunt I would have to make sure everyone at the location logged out so that it would trigger night service if it wasn't 6 pm (am is not usually an issue).

This would help though in the instance one of our sales guys came in to help a customer at night as he could toggle his phone and then toggle it back when he left. I'll have to look into the ramifications of this.

Thanks,

Jon

Hi,

I suggested ephone-hunt because I thought it was a single operator phone you was talking about, and because HLog is a single button operation.

I understand that instead you use shared extensions. In this case why not use CFA for the "day" shared extension to the "night" shared extension. It is just more keys (like three or four) to press.

In either case I think that manually commanding the day/night service is better than the inflexible time schedule, for the very reason you mentioned.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: