Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

7936 slow load w/CCM 4.2(3)

I have a client that has CCM 4.2(3) installed with approximately 200 phones. Of those 200, approximately six are 7936 conference stations (firmware load ccmterm-7936.3-3-13.0). When the phone is initially booted, the boot cycle takes approximately 15 - 20 minutes to complete (to get an IP address), then another 15 - 20 minutes to gain its firmware load. I've tried different firmware loads with no luck. I've also tried statically addressing the TFTP server IP with no luck. Is anyone experiencing a similar issue, or can anyone shed any light on how this might be fixed? No other phone type is having an issue.

3 REPLIES

Re: 7936 slow load w/CCM 4.2(3)

I have seen similar behavior, and sometimes it takes a long time....although 15-20 minutes is excessive.

After the phone is upgraded, registered, and running. If you just unplug it and plug it back in, does it take the same amount of time?

Yes, this happens everytime despite having been registered previously. To be clear, the 15 - 20 min happens twice - Once to get the IP and contact the TFTP (subscriber), then another 15 - 20 to finish the load and present a screen. ~ 30 - 45 min total boot time. Thanks!

Hello,

Do you have found a solution at your problem ??

I have the same problem with Callmanager 4.2(1)sr1b and 7936

Thxs

Marc

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content