cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7936 telnet login

cukouncukoun
Level 1
Level 1

Do you know what is default username and password to the 7936 conference endpoint telnet session??

Tomas

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I cannot locate the info, but a side question: what do you need to access the telnet sessoin for?

With this phone you can access the web configuration page by browsing to:

http://IP address of the Cisco Unified IP Conference Station:

and entering default administrator password **#.

HTH,

Chris

I have problem with one 7936 phone so i wanted to know if there is some usefull commands on the CLI. :-)

I don't know which firmware is running on the phone.Probably firmware will be very old because I'm not able to connect this phone to the CUCM 8.0 so i need to upgrade it manually before connect it to the CUCM.But for some reason this manual upgrade also dont work for me. :-( :-(

Phone requests XML config file from TFTP server (I set phone load parameter in the config file) but no request come to the TFTP server for firmware file and I want ti investigate why.

Tomas

Is the phone pickup up the proper TFTP server?

Is it getting IP address?

What are you seeing in the status messages?

Have you tried factory reset?

Chris

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Remember, phones need minimum required firmware version ( 9.x for many models ) to enable SSH functionality. If you are able to get the SSH prompt, then try cisco/cisco

HTH

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Anthony Ortiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As Chris said, "http://IP address of the Cisco Unified IP Conference Station:"; however, you can try the password "7936". 

The IP Conference Station web interface appears in your web browser as a tri-pane window. The browser menu and toolbar appear at the top of the window, the Table of Contents links appear in the left navigation pane, and the linked information and configuration fields appear in the right pane. A banner also appears in the top right corner of the right pane and remains persistent through all the pages in the web interface. The banner information includes software version, protocol type, boot load ID, application load ID, IP address, MAC address, and local number.

Also what does the LCD say?

If the message "Obtaining IP Address" is persistent in the LCD screen display, check the DHCP server and check the network connections.

If the message "Cannot contact TFTP Server" is persistent in the LCD screen display, check to make sure that the TFTP Server is up and running.

Thanks,

Anthony

I don't know what LCD says because phone is on the customer site and I have only remote access to it.

I'm able to register this phone to CCM 4.0 but not to the CUCM 8.0. This is known bug that some old phone firmware have limit that is able to download XML config file not bigger that 4KB.This is reason why phone could be registered to the CCM 4 and not to the CUCM 8... :-(

I can loggin to the admin web of the phone but parameter software version, boot load ID, application load ID is empty so I don't know firmware version which is installed on the phone.

I wanted to try to access to the phone through telnet but i'm not able to find username and password (also google don't know it). I tried cisco/cisco and also admin/**#...

Tom