cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7937G + Cisco Unified Video Advantage?

Paul McGurn
Level 6
Level 6

Looking to do a light/grassroots/inexpensive pilot of the CUVA solution in a very small conference room.  Traditional telepresence is overkill for this, so I was looking at CUCM options.  Is it possible to make these two work together?  I wasn't sure how CUVA actually linked up to the IP phone, but assumed it's either based on User ID linked to the device, or by the PC port on the phone.  The latter wouldn't work because the 7937 doesn't include a switch like the 7900 series IP phones, and the former wouldn't work because the PC running the software logs on as different users throughout the day.  I'm unable to find out just how this app actually links up with a physical phone.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUVA uses the Cisco Audio Session Tunnel (CAST) protocol between the PC with USB camera and phone which requires the PC running CUVA to be directly connected to the PC port on the phone to work.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/cuva/2_2/english/release/notes/relnote_cuva22.html#wp1078995

Supported Cisco Unified IP Phones

Cisco Unified Video Advantage is supported on Cisco IP Communicator and  on all video-enabled Cisco Unified IP Phones running the SCCP and SIP  protocols. The phone must be CDP and CAST capable. The computer running  Cisco Unified Video Advantage must be connected by ethernet to the  supported Cisco Unified IP Phone.

Cisco Unified Video Advantage also supports Cisco Unified Personal Communicator running in deskphone mode.

The following phones are supported for use with Cisco Unified Video Advantage:

Cisco Unified IP Phone 9971 (only supports H.264 video codec)

Cisco Unified IP Phone 9951 (only supports H.264 video codec)

Cisco Unified IP Phone 8961 (only supports H.264 video codec)

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7911G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7940G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7941G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7941GE

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7942G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7945G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7960G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7961G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7961GE

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7962G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7965G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7970G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7971 G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7971 GE

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7975G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 6921 (SIP only supports H.264 video codec. SCCP supports H.263 and H.264 video codecs.)

Cisco Unified IP Phone 6941 (SIP only supports H.264 video codec. SCCP supports H.263 and H.264 video codecs.).

Cisco Unified IP Phone 6961 (SIP only supports H.264 video codec. SCCP supports H.263 and H.264 video codecs.)

Thanks for the detailed info.  It appears that the references to video on the product page for this device were copy/paste fro other phone models then.  I didn't get my hopes up, as if they did support it on this device, it'd eat at the low end of their telepresence market.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: