cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7940 IP Phone Not Detecting

sridharpoola
Level 1
Level 1

I have a single Cisco CallManager 5.0 installed on MCS7815 with static IP address configured on it.

I could successfully Upload CCM server License and 200 Device Licenses for 50 7940 IP phones.

One of the 7940 phone was added in the CallManager through its MAC. Later when I connected my phone onto the network it is unable to detect the Callmanager IP address.

I tried **# on the phone to enter IP address manually but it displays a message saying "this key is not active here". What should I do further for the phone to detect the Call Manager?

Helpful posts will be rated..!!!

Thanks in Advance

2 Replies 2

JimSJ
Level 4
Level 4

The preferred method would be DHCP. Set it up either on the CallManager itself or any other DHCP server with option 150 pointing to the CallManager which has TFTP service running. NOTE: Make sure that you do have the TFTP service up and running, normally on your Publisher server.

If you need to assign it manually, you may want to try the **# from a different area. For instance, try hitting settings, then **#, then select option 3 for network and it should show unlocked. Once its unlocked, changing the DHCP Enabled option to NO, then specifying IP settings (IP address, subnet, default gateway) and TFTP server IP should be all thats required to get you running.

Hope this helps,

Jim

Dear astinus

Thanks for the reply. It Solved my problem. 5 rated. Thankyou again..!!

Sridhar