Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

7940 Phone Unregisters/Drops Calls on IPSEC VPN

We have an IPSEC 3DES VPN L2L tunnel between an ASA5520 and a 851 router. The phone connected to the 851 frequently unregisters with the CM and or reboots. The fixup protocol is enabled for skinny port 2000 on the ASA.

All other data connections on the vpn tunnel work fine. Any ideas what would cause the phone problems?

4 REPLIES
Green

Re: 7940 Phone Unregisters/Drops Calls on IPSEC VPN

Normally this is Phone load problem or network issue.

Please make sure you are using latest phone load and you may try increment keepalive timer in CCM.

Check EV to see reason of Unregistration.

Okay the EV shows the phone is frequently getting DeviceTransientConnection error events, however I was able to do directory name searches while the phone shows "CM down, features disabled" which tells me the VPN tunnel is working correctly for HTTP. What ports does a phone use to register with the CM and how/where do I change the increment keepalive timer in CM (4.1.3)?

Thanks

Also, we are running the latest firmware for the 7940 phone in question (P0030800400)

Green

Port TCP 2000 for Skinny protocol.

CCMAdmin | Service | Service Parameters | Cisco CallManager |

Station KeepAlive Interval :

This parameter designates the interval between KeepAlive messages sent from Cisco IP

Phones to the primary Cisco CallManager.

This is a required field.

Default: 30.

Unit: sec.

Minimum: 10.

Maximum: 1000.

Station and Backup Server KeepAlive Interval : This parameter designates the interval

between KeepAlive messages that are sent from Cisco IP Phones to the secondary Cisco

CallManager.

This is a required field.

Default: 60.

Unit: sec.

Minimum: 10.

Maximum: 1000.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_troubleshooting_guide_chapter09186a008071577c.html#wp1024704

Views
Helpful
Replies