cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7941 stuck in upgrade after POST

benwsegura
Level 1
Level 1

We recently moved from a CME to a Call Manager. The way we are set up requires us to input static IP addresses on the phones. However when we made the switch a few of the phones went to the upgrading screen and displayed their MAC address. We tried resetting, power cycle, and even factory reset on one, but when they are powered on, they get to the point where they display the Cisco logo screen then go to the upgrade screen.

Some of the other phones that were on the old CME are working once we programmed the IP addresses.

Any suggestions on how to clear the upgrade screen so we can input the IP address?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

when the upgrade screen is stuck, the invariable reason is that fetching some FW files fails.

As last resort, connect the phone back to the CME router with a correct set of FW files, and recover them there. A PC running TFTPd32 would work the same.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I got this from a backup config file on my pc. The IOS was 12.4. I was told that 2811 is now being used for a voice gateway. Is this the file I need to search for.

SCCP41.8-2-2SR1S

If not, can you let me know which one I need? I am a TDM tech that is still getting the hang of VoIP.

Thanks.

That is the overall firmware version. It is obtained from CCO download area (restricted to customers with a support contract) in form of a zip file that contains 7 individual files. All must be accessible to the phone when it upgrades via TFTP.

CM has his own embedded TFTP server with which I'm not familiar to, but the principle is the same.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: