Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

7941 tftp failure after loading SCCP41.9-2-3S

After loading 9.2.3S on CUCM 8.6.1, my phones will only update some of their config.

I've looked at the settings on the phone and noticed the following.

The ITL file is not there and  the TFTP server is not listed. The status messages show a TFTP error while trying to load the cnf.xml file.

I'm able to set the alternate TFTP server on the phone, but it is deleted as soon as the phone resets. this is verified through the phone settings and the phone web page. the console logs also seem to confirm this.

Any ideas anyone.

12 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: 7941 tftp failure after loading SCCP41.9-2-3S

If that's an issue with just few phones, I would delete & recreate the phone in CUCM to see if it helps, followed by restarting TFTP service.

GP.

I've tried that along with factory reseting and trying to load 9.2.1 and 8.5.3 versions of firmware. Happening with all 7941s running this version of software. Unfortunately I don't have any phones runnning the older code to compare to.

I confirmed this is a bug for the phone firmware. I had to register the phones to a CUCM 7.x version to get them to download firmware and register. Once they were back online, I registered them to CUCM 8.6.1. I had one phone on 8.5.2 and works fine. I then let another phone upgrade back to 9.2.3. As soon as the phone rebooted after the upgrade, the tftp server settings will not update, either manually or via DHCP. I did verify that it is not an issue with the ITL missing from the phone since it loaded this time.

Cisco Employee

John,

Do you have the Bug ID ?

GP.

No i don't have a bug id. but unless you can tell me that this is designed behavior, I would say it definitly is! Since your the Cisco guy, I figured you could tell me. This is for my lab at home, so no SmartNet to open a TAC case.

Cisco Employee

I dont have any relevant bug matching the behavior at this moment but would investigate for one. I thought you learnt about the bug from TAC.

GP.

any update on this storry ?

Re: 7941 tftp failure after loading SCCP41.9-2-3S

Even though this is an old thread I though I would share what I found regarding this issue. It looks like this is a bug but only if the TFTP server has a 255 in the address. The workaround is to change the TFTP server IP. The bug is fixed in newer versions of the code. Here is the link.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtx99669&from=summary

I'm having this issue, but

I'm having this issue, but there isn't a 255 in the address and we are on UC 9.x and I cannot figure out how to get the old phone load. If anyone has ideas, I'm all ears...

did you try a different phone

did you try a different phone firmware (9.3 or 94)? check the following.

1) There is no ITL file on the phone, if so, delete it.

2) check the network settings on the phone. ensure the IP, subnet mask, gateway, DNS, and TFTP server settings are correct.

3) change the default load for the 7941 to a lower version say 8.5.3

4) make sure the phone type is correct.

#1 worked. You're awesome!

#1 worked. You're awesome! Thanks! :)

I got the same issue and it

I got the same issue and it was a problem with the firewall also

newer than 8.3(5) use SCCP version 17 Firewall (Juniper SSG) use a ALG Service and it don't support the SCCP version 17

We used the command unset alg sccp enable and now, all the phones are registered on the CUCM.

unset alg sccp enable

I saw the solution in that post :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11175036/remote-location-phone-suddenly-not-working

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content