are u using a SCCP Phone or SIP. Not sure if anyone has the login info for this one. I tried a good set of username's and non worked. Looks like it is meant for the DE's when they want to do some advanced troubleshooting. Anything specific ur trying to do by doing a ssh login ??
It was a 7941G SIP (8.0(2)) unit, until I put the wrong firmware on it! DOH!
I'm trying to find a way to recover it with access to a Call Manager, as I don't want to go and mess around on our client's CM systems.
I'm a data networker and just play with voice!
This is the only one I know about. Also, if the Phone is registered, you can access it via web and set the username and password
try this as well to recover the ip phone
create a SIP
Copy this file along with the Firmware files (Download the zip file from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ip-7900ser) and extract it to the TFTP Folder. And save the SIP
You dont have to use CallManager for it, but any other TFTP Server should also work.
Have the DHCP Server give the IP Address of this host in option 150.
Unfortunately when it boots it picks up the HDCP and TFTP info OK, but then tries to download the CM related files not the SIP files
(SIP files and SIPdefault.cnf SIP[MAC].cnf)
look at this security advisory
and update your ip phone firmware
Ironically I want the username and password to try and reset the phone back to SIP.
Anyone know what the username/password is?(default/user isn't it)
Or what an HTTP URL is that by-passes the logon
you do not need username/password to reset back to sip
Thanks I have all this.
The phone boots up with DHCP OK and accesses the TFTP server, but tries to download the various, app*, jar* and sm* files. It ignores the SIP files as configured in OS79XX.TXT
Its looking like a fancy doorstop!
did you try to factory reset the phone
with this -- i did it often and sometimes this helps --
Hardware reset the phone
Power cylce holding '#'
TFTP log shows
Feb 27 13:42:03 tftp.rsm.local atftpd[14400.-1208620112]: Serving term41.default.loads to 172.20.1.126:49152
Feb 27 13:44:44 tftp.rsm.local atftpd[14400.-1208620112]: Serving term41.default.loads to 172.20.1.126:49152
Feb 27 13:46:26 tftp.rsm.local atftpd[14400.-1208620112]: Serving term41.default.loads to 172.20.1.126:49152
Phone stays with the 'RAF'[circle with dot] symbol and reboots every few mins.
All failing (but it should not fail) you can try one last method (I take no respectabilities if that turns the phone in a dead doorstop):
Rename the sip files as the files that the telephone is trying to download. That should definitely SIPpify it.
This was on the right lines I think.
The file cmterm-7941_7961-sip.8-0-4SR3.zip
Contains all the apparent good stuff:-
By running tcpdump I was able to see the 7941G is asking for
1. term41.default.loads OK ..gets that
2. jar41sip.8-0-3-34.sbn NO .. wrong name ... so renamed it and its gets it OK now.
3. cnu41.3-1-3-32.sbn NO .. wrong name .. so renamed it and it fails probably a CRC or something
Anyone got the proper cmterm file, or individual files) as I can't find them on CCO
The cmterm software I had just didn't work
Eventually found cmterm-7941_7961-sip.8-2-1.zip
That had only one spelling mistake! jar... spelt as Jar...
and I have a booted SIP firware unit with the menus. Keeps looking for:-
I know that the 1st 2 are the new xml templates. I'll have to search for info on the last