cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7942 not supported on CCM 5.0.4 ???

alanhong
Level 1
Level 1

I just got a 7942 ip phone (first time) on my CCM 5.0.4 . downloaded Devpack for 5.0.4 and installed and it didnot give me an option for 7942.then i tried to install 7942 cog.sgn ...cmterm-7942_7962-sccp.8-4-4.cop.sgn ...and it tells me to check the Md5 hash ..all of those firwares in the cisoc download are from 0ct 2007 there is not update ....any suggestions ........

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no support for that device on your version. You need to upgrade.

Table 1 Minimum Required Device Pack Version

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7962g_7942g/firmware/8_3_2/english/release/notes/62832.html#wp42233

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

hi,

I have the same problem , who can help me ? after packet, try to upgrade with cop.sgn....but always tell me "MD5 hash against to cisco ......

Try downloading the file again, try a different browser.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hi Java,

I want know whitch step I lost, after upgrade 5.0.4 packet, I restart ccm and tftp service , even restarted ccm server , but I cannot find any "7942" in Device Default , and when I want join 7942 to system by MAC address, but I cannot find 7942 model in the list. What can I do after upgrade ?

7942 is not supported on cucm 5.0(4), a minimum of 5.1(1) with device pack cmterm-devicepack5.1.1.3125-1 (or higher) is needed.

Upgrading from 5.0(4) would be a good idea regardless. A direct upgrade is possible to 5.1(3f) available from the download section (you may need to log in into cisco.com for the link to work).

Dear Bvanturn,

Thank you very very much !  It spend me 3 days to find the truth, you give me a clearly answer, thank you again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: