Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

7942 SIP 9.2 - Disable checking DNS/SRV Records?

I'm attempting to register a 7942G with a off-premise, third party SIP provider. Provisioning by TFTP is working and the configuration is being accepted, however I am looking to disable a particular behavior of the phone and can't determine how. When the phone boots, I can see it querying my DNS server (which it gets through DHCP) for SRV records via ASA debug logs. While this is happening, I can see "Registering" on the phone's display - which ultimately fails because it tries to find SIP services by SRV and doesn't honor my manual specification of the third party SIP server/proxy. I'm specifying my SIP server/proxy in the SEP XML file and would prefer that it would skip the SRV record lookup. Is there an XML configuration element for the SEP<MAC>.xml or XMLDefault.cnf.xml files which would disable this behavior? If this proves more complicated than just disabling this behavior, I'll post my config here.

Everyone's tags (3)
Views
Helpful
Replies