Views
Helpful
Replies

7942g downgrade

Alexey Saulin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

We bought 7942g phones with hardware release v14 and firmware 9.3.1, but other our 7942g phones use firmware 9.2.3.

For the some-reason-i-cant-understand, we cant (or dont want) upgrade firmware for all phones to 9.3.1

I guess this is just administrative and bureaucratic problem in my company, but just in case, somebody tell me, can i downgrade firmware from 9.3.1 to 9.2.3 by console?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Alex,

If running phones with hardware release v14 then they can not be downgraded to a version lower than 9.3.1 in any way.

Manish

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If by 'console' you mean the Command Line Interface of CUCM, then it is not possible. To downgrade the phone firmware you will need to specify the phone load name on phone config page on cucm and reset the phone so that it takes the new config filw with new load and then try to contact TFTP server to download it.

HTH

Manish

I know. Problem on other thing. Hardware release v14 need 9.3.1 firmware, or above. But we use 9.2.3 and new phones dont accept it.

I need to change boot image from 9.3.1 to 9.2.3 without TFTP and CUCM. And i dont want turn phone to brick.

Question is - is it real, or not?

Hi Alex,

If running phones with hardware release v14 then they can not be downgraded to a version lower than 9.3.1 in any way.

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: