cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7945G Background Image Selection Not Available

rossporubski
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, I have a few phones I'm re-distributing out of inventory due to a summer intern initiative hiring college kids temporarily. I've re-assigned the phones to the new subscribers but I'm having a problem with the background image. We've kicked off a new branding background image since these phones were last on the network. I've reset them several times and I am still unable to change the background image, it doesn't even show up under Settings>User Preferences>Background Images. It only shows the old background image and says "Selections Unavailable"

Is there any way to force the phone to find the new image on the server so I can select it?

Thank you to all in advance, any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi 

Follow the steps below to successfully Factory reset your Cisco IP phone:

1. Unplug the power cable from the ip phone and then plug it back in.
  2. While the phone is powering up, and before the Speaker button flashes on and off, press and hold the hash # key.
  3. Continue to hold # until each line button (right of the LCD screen) flashes on and off in sequence in orange colour.
  4. Now release the hash # key and type the following sequence 123456789*0#

See if above helps

JB

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you pointing to the TFTP server that has the List.xml along with the images for those phones?

You can try to restart TFTP, but phones are hardcoded to look at their specific directory and List.xml for the images.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I cannot check the network settings. They're grayed out.**# says settings are unlocked but everything is still grayed out.

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi 

follow the attached doc to make it work.

JB

Hi Jitender, We already have the files on the network. There are over 400 phones which have the newly branded image applied. The ones that didn't update after initial change were manually changed by me per phone. There were about 30 phones which needed to be manually updated. As for these phones I've taken out of inventory, they've all been updated with the latest phone load, everything else on the phone works fine just not the background image. 

Hi 

Follow the steps below to successfully Factory reset your Cisco IP phone:

1. Unplug the power cable from the ip phone and then plug it back in.
  2. While the phone is powering up, and before the Speaker button flashes on and off, press and hold the hash # key.
  3. Continue to hold # until each line button (right of the LCD screen) flashes on and off in sequence in orange colour.
  4. Now release the hash # key and type the following sequence 123456789*0#

See if above helps

JB

rossporubski
Level 4
Level 4

That's it. It never applied the firmware upgrade after I sent the reset instruction from CM Admin. Unplug and re-plug didn't do it and neither did **#**.

Factory reset was the answer! Thanks Jitender. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: