cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7945s not registering with CM 8.5.1

Kamil G
Level 1
Level 1

I have some 7945 phones that do not want to register with the 8.5.1 CM.  I added the phone manually and the DHCP pool has the Option 150 set to the correct server.  I did a factory restore on the phone and the phone started to download/upgrade the software from the TFTP server.  then the phone shows up in the CM with "Unregistered" and i can click on the IP address in the CM and it takes me to the phone's webpage.  But the phone screen toggles between "Registering" and "Configuring Unified CM List"   not sure what to do at this point... i deleted the phone from CM and added it back in but that did not make a difference... I was able to get the phone to register with an older version (6.1.3) CM but it will not register with the new 8.5.1... I also have other 7945s that are currently working with 8.5.1.... so maybe this batch of phones that came from one of our other sites is bad... but unlikely... very weird and frustrating.  Any advice is appreceiated.  Thanks.  Kamil

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This sounds like ITL certificate issue, delete the cert from the phone and it should register fine.

Chris

I deleted the ITL file but it's still doing the same thing... phone screen toggles between "Registering" and "Configuring Unified CM List"

So, the phone is defined in CUCM properly (proper phone type)?

Looking at IP configuration on the phone does it show correct TFTP server?

Can you ping the phone from CUCM?

What is the phone status log showing?

Chris

The issue was with the "Phone Button Template"  I was using a bad template... So I just changed the Phone Button Template to use the default "Standard 7945 SCCP" template, then the phone registered with the CM... thanks for your help... it pointed me in the right direction.

Kamil

Great, glad all is well for you!

HTH,  please rate all helpful posts!

Chris