Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

7960 not getting IP address

I have a few 7960's that refuse to get an IP address. Even if I configure the 7960 with a static IP address it still does not communicate with callmanager. I've plugged in a known good 7960 into the switch port and it works fine. Everything seems to point to the phone. Any ideas?

thanks

7 REPLIES

Re: 7960 not getting IP address

Have you tried a factory reset ? What image is on the phones right now ? (Version)

Community Member

Yes, I have tried factory resets.

image:

app load id: p00303020215

boot load id: pc03a300

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Hi,

seems to me these are ancient firmware, can you try something more recent like 7.x or 8.x ?

Community Member

Do you have CDP enabled on the switch? Just a thought. Didn't read initial post. It might be DOA. So far, I have had 3 out of 600 that would not boot up and we had to RMA the phone.

Community Member

I just thought of something else, do you have the phone added in the Call Manager as the right phone type.

Community Member

Are the devices configured on the callmanager correctly? Confirm the correct MAC address of the device on the callmanger.

Community Member

I am having the same problem. My phones will also not allow me to change any settings, the lock is disabled but the "Select" or "Edit" buttons give the following message;

"That key is not active here". This seems very odd.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content