cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7960 with 7914 expansion module

jjgolf71
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to install a 7960 with a 7914 expansion module and I can't get the 7914 to work. It has the red lights still on. I've created a lot of these and for some reason this one will not work. Also, when I boot the phone up, it has "file not found" SEP--and then the Mac Address. Does anyone have any suggestions what I need to do?

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Maybe be, just as an hint to readers here, mention system and version you using?

Call Manager 6.1.2

Have you configured other 7914 modules on this CUCM cluster? It's possible that the firmware has not been loaded.

Another common mistake is forgetting to specify the module is attached on the Phone Configuration > Expansion Module Information section.

I have configured several other 7914's and I have attached the module on the phone config.

With me doing these 2 things, that is why I'm puzzled why it is not working.

Have you tried factory resetting the 7960 and maybe even removing it from Call Manager and re-adding it to Call Manager.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

I tried both of them before. I also just did both of them again. Why would it say "file not found"?

I might be thinking to much ahead on this but have you checked your DB Status on RTMT? Check the Database Summary in RTMT and make sure each Call Manager shows a 2. Maybe the issue is that the Call Manager Servers are not replicating properly.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

I have seen a similar issue a while back on CUCM 6.X, i needed to hard code the 7914 firmware under the load within phone configuration, then once it upgraded to the version, I was able to remove it and all was well.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: