Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7960 with expansion slot can't transfer a call directly

I have a phone that can't transfer a call, the user has to attemp 2 or more times to successfully transfer the call.  She has to hold the headset before the call gets transfered.

4 REPLIES

Re: 7960 with expansion slot can't transfer a call directly

What do you mean by hold the headset? Can you explain the issue with more techinical info. What is the user doing to transfer the call?

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Yosh:

Site has a 2911 Voice Gateway using H323. Connects to our Call Manager cluster. Stub router has four T1s and a PRI.

NAME: "CISCO2921/K9", DESCR: "CISCO2921/K9 chassis,

NAME: "1 port channelized and PRI T1/E1 HWIC on Slot 0 SubSlot 1

Issue is with incoming calls to this directory number, receptionist picks up the director's line. When the receptionist attempts to transfer the call to her director, she can't. She has to transfer 2 or more times on the 7960 phone to pass the call over.  The 7960 has an expansion module, the DN is on that module. Only option on the VoIP phone is Resume, and you click on it and attemp to transfer a few more times then it goes through.

On the director's phone with the shared DN, it rings for a half a ring.  I changed the Built In Bridge to ON in the CUCM.

I associated the DN of the director to both MAC address of both phones. I'm stumped.

She had to hold the handset while she attemps to transfer the call. If she pushes the Transfer button and hangs up, the call gets dropped.  That's what I meant by handset heldset, long day.

Few things.

1 - "incoming calls to this directory number, receptionist picks up the  director's line. When the receptionist attempts to transfer the call to  her director, she can't." Is she attempting to transfer to the same number she answered? Can you provide a brief phone layout, as seen below:

Phone 1 (Receptionist)

Line 1 - 1000

Line 2 - 1001

Phone 2 (Director)

Line 1 - 1003

2 - Verify on the receptionists line that the "Maximum NUmber of calls" is greater than 2.

3 - You have to change the "Transfer On-hook enabled" to "True" within the CUCM Service Parameters, in order to complete a transfer by hanging up.

This parameter determines whether a call transfer completes as a  result of the user going on-hook after initiating a transfer operation.  Valid values specify True (user presses the Transfr... softkey, dials  the number to which the call should be transferred, and then presses the  Transfr... softkey again or simply goes on-hook to complete the  transfer operation) or False (user presses the Transfr... softkey, dials  the number to which the call should be transferred, and then presses  the Transfr... softkey again to complete the transfer operation).
   This is a required field.
   Default:                  False
   :                Restart affected SIP phone(s) for the parameter change to take  effect. The parameter change takes effect on SCCP phones automatically.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content