cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7960G and Plantronics CS50 / HL10 Headset --not working

divey
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client with 2 new 7960G phones and new CS50 headsets with the lifters. The client states that he can hear dial tone but the microphone is not working on either unit/phone. He has tried the new CS50's on other Cisco phones and of course it works just fine. I am looking for a path to take to troubleshoot this issue. I spoke with Plantronics whose response was basically not our problem. If someone could point me in the right direction on this I would appreciate it.

2 Replies 2

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

just try this workaround:

On the bottom of the CS50 Base unit there are 2 ports. One has an icon of a "Handset" and one has the icon of a "telephone".

Unplug the "Handset" from the back of your phone and plug it into the CS50 base unit where it has the icon of the "Handset". Then take the short cable that came with the CS50 and plug it into the port on the base of the CS50 where the icon of the "telephone" is, Then plug the other end into the "Handset" port in the phone. It is just connecting the headset in the handset port instead of the headset one.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Donna,

Just to add a note to Pradeeps good info (5 points for your great work Pradeep) Have a look at the attached "Quick Start Guide" and connect the CS50 as shown using the Handset Cord method. There is also some info on the Lifter as well;

http://www.plantronics.com/media/media_resources/literature/user_guides/73156-01_CS55_US_DL.pdf;jsessionid=QFOESV5V01TNGCQBGNUSFEYKAEZWQIV0

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: This method eliminates the ability to use the Headset Button on the 7960 (because of the Lifter:(