cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7961 Phone will not call forward

damrut5763
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 7961 phones that will not call forward right out of the box, however I can connect any other phone to those extention and it works. Please help!!!!!

4 Replies 4

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

So does this mean you can not do any type of call forward on these 2 phones? Have you tried to put a destination and configure the CSS next to it on the Call Forward section? You can also try to delete and recreate the phone.

What's the exact CCM version? and the firmware of the phone?

Do you get any error when forwarding the call or it appears to be forwarded but you get a fast busy?

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

So far it just these particular phone we are using ccm 4.1. it was working and just stop and I delete the line because one of the phones is my phone and added back to no avail. I am getting when I press the call forwarding button " your call can't be completed as dial". However i can configure a 7941 with the same information and call forwarding works. i have other 7961 that works in the network just these 2 is being reported as not working. please help 1

Usually that message is related to CSS and partitions, but as you mention you configure the same on another model and it works probably is an issue with the DB. Try restarting the Database Layer Monitor service on your servers. Perhaps the CCM is not updating&reading the DB correctly for those particular phones.

Also check if you have any unassigned DNs that match the DNs you are using and delete them.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Thanks!!!