cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7961 Will Not Ring on Inbound Call

jfinkbiner
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 7961s that have stopped ringing on inbound calls. I have walked users through testing other tones then the default tones and still no luck. I have also tried factory defaulting both phones. Does anyone have any suggestions on troubleshooting?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aha.

Well done... didn't realize you were on CME so my previous suggestion was rubbish anyway.

Try:

Show ephone dnd

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Easy steps first - if you press the volume key on the phone, do you hear any ring tone?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Yep. You can hear the phone do test rings for volume up and down when you manipulate the volume key in the lower right hand side of the phone (hard button).

Hi

What is configured for the Ring Setting (idle/active) on the lines on the phone?

Aaron

After much grilling of the facility staff (they are at a remote site) I discovered that both 7961s affected were placed into DnD mode. Is there any way I can check this out from the 2811 itself? Are these settings retained within CNF files? I did not see any specific reference to DnD in the ephone setup nor the ephone-dn setup.

Aha.

Well done... didn't realize you were on CME so my previous suggestion was rubbish anyway.

Try:

Show ephone dnd

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

We would have gotten there eventually. =) I put it in the tags but forgot to mention it in the post. Thanks for your help Aaron.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: