Views
Helpful
Replies

7965 Default - Display On When Incoming Call

raymond00
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, All!

I would like to setup my CallManager 8.6.2 lab so that by default 7965 phones have their display come on when there is an incoming call. Based on the CUCM documentation, I configured both the Common Phone Profile and Enterprise Parameters to override the default value and set it to "on." However, when a phone is manually added or autoregistered the standard value is set to "off." Have I missed a step? I have confirmed the device picks up the correct Common Phone Profile, but I also noticed the documentation states the following...

Select the "Override Common Settings" box for any setting in Product  Specific Configuration area that you wish to update. If you do not check  this box, the corresponding parameter setting does not take effect.  Parameters that you set in the Product Specific Configuration area may  also appear in the Device Configuration window for various devices and  in the Enterprise Phone Configuration window. If you set these same  parameters in these other windows too, the setting that takes precedence  is determined in the following order: 1) Device Configuration window  settings, 2) Common Phone Profile window settings, 3) Enterprise Phone  Configuration window settings.

Thanks as always for the help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't think you missed any steps here.  When you see on the device configuration page that the Display On When Incoming Call show "Off" as the default, the phone should like many other CUCM settings ignore the default value it there is a non-default value configured higher up, as in on the common phone profile or enterprise parameters.  Are you seeing the display not come on when you have an incoming call?  If so what firmware is the phone running and I'll test it out to see if I have the same behavior or not.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't think you missed any steps here.  When you see on the device configuration page that the Display On When Incoming Call show "Off" as the default, the phone should like many other CUCM settings ignore the default value it there is a non-default value configured higher up, as in on the common phone profile or enterprise parameters.  Are you seeing the display not come on when you have an incoming call?  If so what firmware is the phone running and I'll test it out to see if I have the same behavior or not.

Joseph,

Thanks for your response! To be sure, I factory reset a 7965 and let it auto-register into my cluster. I was able to confirm the screen popped on an incoming call without further configuration changes. What I misunderstood is that the settings on the device page will not reflect the Common Phone Profile. For example, it shows the screen popping is disabled. However, those settings are overrode by the Common Phone Profile, just not reflected. This is where I was confused. Thanks for the clarification.

Wait, I have a UC520.  Is this the same procedure for this too?  Also, how do I configure the display on the 7965 to go on at a certain time and to go off at a certain time?  I'm having an issue trying to do that.  Thanks!