cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7965 speed dial and commas ?

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

I can't think of a way to get speed dials to do the below, I don't think it's a option.  Unlike the Hayes command set for modems the phone's don't pause when a comma command is entered in a speed dail Any workarounds come to mind to "pass the password to Unity Connection 9x" ?

From Customer;

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have a client who wants a button on his 7965 phone for speed dial to voice
mail.
I know the messages button will get the client into voice mail, but they
want password programmed in also.

So, I have tried to set a speed dial (SD) with any combination of the
following, but the call won't go through:

+914088317000,8316716#,634300
+14088317000,8316716#,634300
914088317000,8316716#,634300

You receive a message saying the call cannot be placed as dialed.

What am I doing wrong?

CallManaager 9x

Unity Connection 9x

itevomcid

6 Replies 6

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

Have a look at this post. There is a link provided as well to check your configurations.

Tracy

Might help if i add the link eh?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-29944

After reading it, looks as though its not supported on 7965's.

So the answer appears to be the model phone with SIP doesn't support the comma in Speed Dials.  Only 3 phones the x9xx with SIP will support a command.

It's a shared line across 16 phones, they have a intern that sits at one phone, they want her to check the mailbox but want the PIN stored on the phone speed dial so the intern doesn't have to know it, for just that one phone, so skip pin from known extension would have all 16 phone's skipping the pin.  I've suggested it and will let them run with it.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jason,

Just to add a note to the great tips from Tracy (+5)

Why don't you just use this setting for this one user, I think it would

accomplish what they want;

Skip PIN When Calling From  Known Extension

(This field appears only when editing an individual user account; not applicable to Bulk Edit

operations.)

Check this check box if you do not want this user to be asked for a PIN when calling from

this extension.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/gui_reference/guide/8xcucgrg010.pdf

Edit>User basics page

Cheers!

Rob

"Your life is worth much more than gold." 

- Bob Marley

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use my script "speed dial with pauses". It can be acquired on the website mentioned in my profile.

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

If you're open to other options, imap and ciscopca (with saved browser password) would both meet the requirement of interns having access to the mailbox but without access to the password.  Just a thought in addition to the great advice from the guys.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: