Views
Helpful
Replies

7965G - Headset problems

db.retail
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Cisco IP Phone 7965G model and I can´t connect my headset.

I have tested some models (some units of duoset and supra) and we have no tone.

Anyboby to help me?

Thank you.

6 Replies 6

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Luis,

Dedicated headset port eliminates the need for a  separate headset amplifier and allows the handset to remain in its  cradle, making headset use simpler. Both wideband (G.722) and narrowband  headsets are supported.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/ps8537/product_data_sheet0900aecd8069bd58.html

Please tell us what is the model you are using here?

Thanks,

Anand

Please rate helpful posts!!

Hi,

I have tested some units of Duoset H141 model and Supraplus.

Never with tine when I active key Headset.

Thank you.

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Cisco don't use the same headset pin-out as other telephone makers. You may need a special bottom cord.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

I have some headset and I have some cord. I have combined all of them and I have tested all combinations with several Cisco 7965G models. Only one headset + on cord is correct and we have tone.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Luis,

The one part you will need which is required for all "corded" Plantronics Headsets (to go from Headset Jack on 7965G to "Quick Disconnect" on Headset) is a special Cord as Gordon nicely noted (+5 "G-Man") (shown below);

Part#Amp-26716-01

Plantronics "corded" headsets will NOT work without this cord (Part#Amp-26716-01) as the Supra QD cords

have the wrong pin-outs. If you were using M12 amplifiers previously they come with this cord.

These cords are really pretty cheap so it shouldn't be a huge issue hopefully

Cheers!

Rob

Hi

Check the below link , see if it helps.

http://www.plantronics.com/media/media_resources/literature/reference_guides/voip_matrix.pdf

Regards

Ronak patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.