Views
Helpful
Replies

7970 Color after upgrade

Limitless1801
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have upgraded our 7970 phones to 8.5(2) on Call Manager 4.1(3) and after that all of them are experiencing the following issue:

When on-hook colors are normal, but when the user calls someone the caller ID section is dark blue (used to be yellow). You can't see the name and number of the person you are talking to.

Has anyone experienced this issue before?

Thanks you, RG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well first get off of 8.5(2) and proceed to 8.5(3) or (4)... there are bugs in (2) which just make it not worth being on in production.

Having said that, Cisco changed the color scheme on the phones. The background of the active call is dark blue with black text on it. Perhaps adjust the contrast/brightness from the settings menu? The default brightness appears to be ~70%.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well first get off of 8.5(2) and proceed to 8.5(3) or (4)... there are bugs in (2) which just make it not worth being on in production.

Having said that, Cisco changed the color scheme on the phones. The background of the active call is dark blue with black text on it. Perhaps adjust the contrast/brightness from the settings menu? The default brightness appears to be ~70%.

Hi,

Please correct me if i'm mistaken:

You are saying that any firmware newest than 8.5(2) will not have the yellow menu ? Is there any option/method to recover the unlikely white menu other than going back to older firmwares ?

Thanks in advance

You are saying that any firmware newest than 8.5(2) will not have the 
yellow menu ?

None of the menus or options have been removed; Cisco just changed the color scheme.

Is there any option/method to recover the unlikely white menu other 
than going back to older firmwares ?

No and reverting to old firmware isn't advisable.

If you have lost functionality then something else is wrong because the design change doesn't impact this.

Load 8.5(3) fixes this problem.

Hello,

I had 7970s running 8.3(2) which looked fine.

I recently upgraded the Call Manager from 5.1(3) to 7.1(5) which had 9.0(2)SR1 firmware for the phones. They would not upgrade to this firmware (different issue, I know), so following information on this forum I upgraded them to 8.4(4) and the display colours changed for the worse (which the customer immediately noticed). I had hoped that then jumping to 9.0(2)SR1 would resolve, but it didn't.

Is there any more information on this issue with regards to the version 9 firmware?

Cheers,

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: