cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7970 Number Display Issue

Robert Craig
Level 3
Level 3

I have a 7970 that has one extension assigned. I configured the external phone number mask to show a DID that can be reached from the outside. For whatever reason, whenever I put a number in the external phone number mask field, that number appears in the top right hand corner of the phone instead of the extension. Is this normal? If so, is there a recommended way of doing this, such as a translation pattern or something that the number that appears externally (like on a cell phone) is the 10 digit DID? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok so inbound calls to that extension works fine, the only issue is outbound calls and the Caller ID/ANI display that external callers receive?  Then you are doing it correctly by setting the external phone number mask.  If the issue is that you don't want the users to see the label in the top right hand corner of the phone then you can also use translation patterns that are the same as your route patterns for external calls and change the calling party transformation mask to 5202269505 and remove the external number mask.  However the external number mask is the easiest fix.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Robert,

This is normal.  If you want the actual extension display to show the full DID, then you can change the line text label to show the full DID.  However, typically phones are configured the way you have it with abbreviated dialing with 4 digit extensions and the full DID showing in the top right hand corner on the phone.  If you want to make sure this is reachable from the PSTN you'll have to find out how many digits your provider is sending and either use 'significant digits' on the Gateway page in CUCM or translation profiles if using H323.

HTH,

Chris

Well, I'm a bit confused on how to handle this. The number 5202269505 is the only number I am passing to my CUCM. All of the phones that are registered to my CUCM have an internal extension range (1000,1001, etc.). I created a Hunt Group and assigned all of the phones (only about 4 phones/CIPC) to that group. The group is labeled the 5202269505 number and I setup the huntgroup to broadcast to everyone. Now, that works great. But, obviously, when I use my desk phone (the phone I referred to in the beginning of this discussion) to call out, without having that external phone number mask in place it just shows 1002 on my cell. I'd like to keep the 1002 label on my phone but still send the correct DID to external callers. If I try to create a translation pattern, the gui says something already exists with the full DID. Any ideas?

Ok so inbound calls to that extension works fine, the only issue is outbound calls and the Caller ID/ANI display that external callers receive?  Then you are doing it correctly by setting the external phone number mask.  If the issue is that you don't want the users to see the label in the top right hand corner of the phone then you can also use translation patterns that are the same as your route patterns for external calls and change the calling party transformation mask to 5202269505 and remove the external number mask.  However the external number mask is the easiest fix.

HTH,

Chris

Yeah, just so I have some flexibility in the future, I think I'll stick with the external number mask. Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: