Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

7971 Phones Autodialing from Missed call List after upgrade to 7.1(5B)

After and upgrade to 7.1(5B) a week ago we have been getting several reports of phones autodialing when they lift there handset. Today we discovered that it is dialing the first number in there missed call directory. If you clear the directory it fixes the issue temporarly. I placed calls to the problem phone (after clearing the missed calls) and the problem did not happen. So I am not sure if it only occurs when the log is full?

This is only happening on 7971 phones throughout our company. Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES

7971 Phones Autodialing from Missed call List after upgrade to 7

I found this bug which is similiar issue but not exact.  Bug details are not specific to phone model.  Seems like it is an issue with the firmware possilbly.  Can you try and upgrade the firmware on a few phones and see if that resolves the issue?

From this doc.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/firmware/9_1_1/english/release/notes/7900_911.html#wp42799

CSCtj76712 Bug Details

Call is auto dialed when pressing speaker in an idle phone 

1st Found-In 
9.1(1)
9.0(2)

Fixed-In 
9.1(1)MN1.11
9.1(1)ES2

Regards,

cj

7971 Phones Autodialing from Missed call List after upgrade to 7

Thanks I ran across that bug yesterday. I have downloaded the firmware and am currently trying it on a couple of the problem phones. I will update and let you know.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content