cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7971 Stuck In Upgrading

jgentsch
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7971 phone that gets stuck in the upgrade screen and the status says 'Updating' but it isn't downloading anything like a normal firmware upgrade. It continues to reset and go back to that screen.

I have attempted the factory reset with a 7971 and it still goes back to that screen.

Thoughts?

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, phone is looking for term71.default.loads, make sure you've this file and all the individual file components on your tftp server.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I have now performed the reset with 3491572850*# and it does not go to the Upgrade screen anymore, it just sits blank with no lights. Is it looking for the term71.default.loads still? If I don't have the file, I haven't looked yet, where can I get it?

The term71.default.loads is still there.

Your probably have to get ethereal setup on the phone and sniff the packets. Your beable to see what the phone is requesting. Then make sure you have all the files it is requesting.

Actually before that download the default.loads file open it in note pad and your see the files that the phone requires. Make sure that all them files are on the tftp server.

Are you using call manager or call manager express?

hth

Matt

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have had 7970's do this. I had to RMA the phone, couldnt get it load from factory or any other "special" way.

Save time and simply RMA it.