Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7975 dial random numbers when off hook

hi,

i have an issue with cisco ip phone 7975.

the customer is a bank with 5 thousends people that uses cisco ip phones.

The "top users" have cisco 7975 that have this problem:

sometime (1 time in a month) when they pick up the phone (off hook) the phone dial automatically a random number, sometime the last number dialed, sometime a number that the user has never dialed.

Does anyone have this problem?

The firmware on the phones is: SCCP75.9-0-3S

please help

23 Replies 23

Rich,

Did you try my solution?  Setting "services provisioning" to "internal" fixed it for me.

Yes. That was suggested by TAC. I did that last week and I am still experiencing the issue. Did you have to reset the phones or Device Pools after making the change? I asked my TAC engineer and he said that it should take effect without resetting anything.

I'm not sure if I had to, but I ran a job to reset them all anyway.

Ruben Ramirez
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue, but with the 7961 and 7940s. It started when we moved from 4.x to 8.x this year. It randomly happens, being the 7961s the most affected ones. I replaced them with 7962s and just last week one of the 7962s had the same issue. I will try Ian's solution, people gets frustrated when this happens and blame it on the system and the person in charge.

Setting the services provisioning is the suggested workaround, but, depending on what you're doing and the types of phones you have in the cluster, this may be not suitable for your environment without programming changes. For us, with various custom directories, it was not the way we wanted to go.

One of the latest 9-3-1 ES Firmwares, available from TAC, seems to fix this issue. We did not see the "call won't terminate without pressing 'End Call' softkey" appear either, thankfully. If you can get that firmware then you can get past this one.

Any Updates on this issue

Experiencing the same issue on CUCM 9.1 cluster on 7941 and 7945 phones.

Tried the latest firmware 9-3-1SR2-1S and 9-3-1-1S which is supposed to have the fix.

Is there any firmware available which resolves the issue???

If you open a case with TAC they will provide you with an engineered firmware version SCCP42.9-3-1ES11S, but this firmware only applies to 7942/7962 and 7945/7965. They are still working on a solution for the 7940, 7941 and 7961 since 80% of my footprint are those devices.

I've applied the suggested firmware but since it is a random issue I do not have a specific timeline to verify that it or it did not work.

My next step was going to upgrade to CUCM 9.1, but based on your post the issue does not go away with CUCM 9.1.

We have it stable on 9.2.3S for 7941 phones. The issue started when we upgraded the firmwares to 9.3.1 when the cluster was on CUCM Version 6.1.5. We downgraded it to 9.2.3s and the issue never happened.

When the CUCM ver was upgraded to 9.1 with firmwares 9.3.1SR2 the issue happened again for both 7941 and 7945 phones. We downgraded the firmwares of 7941 to 9.2.3s and 7945's to 9.3.1 since both these versions were stable in CUCM 6.1.5. 7941's looks fine so far. But 7945's has the issue. So looking for a stable version on 7945's

This customer is not someone we can do R&D on. So will wait for a stable major version

We have been running ES7 on our 79X1 series devices and have found that the autodial bug is gone, and, fortunately, haven't run into any new bugs. Though, we don't run many features, services or otherwise, with the phones. I thought it was implied that the ESes are cumulative, but, it may not be the case.

We were not able to receive a date on the major firmware release, and await that as well, but, with the ES working, will probably not install immediately. Nobody likes being cut by the razor's edge, so we'll hang back a bit on this one without a compelling reason, though I believe the patch for the priv. escalation bug is not in ES7.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: