cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7975 phone will not upgrade after factory reset

timsoto25
Level 1
Level 1

i have a UC520.  i recently upgraded software pack to 8.2.0.  i received the typical auth fail message so i performed a factory reset of the phone.  now it shows that it is trying to upgrade but remains at 0K when downloading term75.default and moves no further.  i am stuck.  i have tried to load several different phone loads to try to solve the issue to no avail. any help would be appreciated.

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Forum should be "IP telephony" as that phone is not really a small business one.

Post "debug tftp events" with "term mon" in there.

Per Paolo's suggestion, this thread has been moved to IP Telephony.

Regards,

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business Community Manager

for Cisco Small Business Products

www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does the phone now have any firmware in it at all now ? If yes, what's the version.

GP.

No, GP, the phone has no firmware at all on it now.  Just reboots and tries to pull it and fails.  I am now catching a glimpse of the "Auth Fail" message when it fails.  Should i try and load the 8.5.2 firmware on the system and see if it will complete the upgrade?  I don't know if that is the issue but it seems to be the next thing that i may attempt.

If you search on the error messages, there are many thread on the matter, indicated the solution.

Yes, you can try that. By the way, was there any certificate implementation between phone & CUCM ?

GP.