cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7975 Phone with Jabra GO 6470 headset

Saima Harris
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user with 7975 set with Jabra wireless GO 6470 , when headset is activein a call, the audio still comes through the handpiece speaker.

Can you please let me know is this a bug or there is setting that we can change in phone or CM

Thank you

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Saima,

Here we go

CSCsr65970 - Feature to turn on/off audio played to handset while on headset

Description

Symptom:
If you listen closely, the phone will play the audio to headset and handset simultaneously
at all times.

Conditions:
It happens on all 79XX phones until firmware 8.3(5)

Workaround:
This is a product specific configuration now available under CCMAdmin > Device > Phone for 79X2 and 79X5 phones.
Handset/Headset Monitor:

When handset/headset monitoring is enabled, a supervisor can pick up the inactive handset/headset and hear the call in progress. For example, if an agent is on a call on the headset, a supervisor can hear the other party on the handset. Only the microphone on the active handset/headset is in use. For example, if an agent is active on the headset, then the headset microphone is active and the handset microphone is disabled.

Details

1st Found-in:                          (2)

8.3(5), 8.5(2)

Terminated

Last Modified:

Oct 01,2011

Product:

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7900 Series

Platform:

Dependent

Severity:

6 - enhancement

Customer Reported:                          (12)

Related Bugs

CSCsy40833 : Handset Speaker Still Active when using Headset
Symptom:

While using a headset, the called party's voice can still be faintly heard on the handset while it is on hook.

Conditions:

The callee has a headset attached to a Cisco IP Phone and makes a call. While the called party is talking, his voice can be heard both on the headset as well as faintly on the handset while it is still on hook.

Workaround:

None

Cheers!

Rob

Please remember to tag your threads and help support "Teachers without Borders"

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/idea-center/communityhelpingcommunity

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the information .

I changed the feature mentioned in "CSCsr65970 - Feature to turn on/off audio played to handset while on headset" and disabled "Handset/Headset Monitor" and it worked .

Thanks again

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Saima,

You are most welcome my friend

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: